AI your people will love. That’s our vision, and it contains multitudes.
We’re filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
About this role
As a Prompt Engineer at Writer, you’ll play a critical role in developing and refining the prompts and prompt chains that help our customers reduce content bottlenecks and derive maximum value from our product. You’ll work closely with our Customer Success team both to determine how best to take the input data we receive from our customers and use it to produce first-rate content using our proprietary Palmyra family of models. You’ll also ensure customer content aligns with their style and formatting requirements. Finally, you’ll work with our AI team to help create datasets that we’ll use to fine-tune models for specific customer use cases. Your expertise in Python, dataset curation, prompt design, and linguistics will be crucial to growing and maintaining Writer’s relationships with its customers.
You’ll report to our Director of Customer Language Engineering.
- Base Prompt Design and Iteration: Create and optimize base prompts that will be used to supercharge our customers’ content creation pipelines.
- Linguistic Expertise: Utilize your understanding of linguistics to craft search patterns used to enforce customer formatting guidelines in their content.
- Prompt Chain Design: Collaborate with the team to design, develop, and evaluate prompt chains for specific content creation tasks.
- Dataset curation: Clean and prepare datasets for model fine-tuning.
- Technical scoping: Work with stakeholders in Customer Success to scope projects and define best practices for using what you create.
- Documentation: : Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of prompt engineering processes and outcomes and share innovative techniques with the team
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with engineering team members to integrate your prompt engineering work seamlessly into our product.
Is this you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, or a related field (Master’s or Ph.D. preferred).
- Solid coding proficiency using Python.
- Professional experience in prompt design and a deep understanding of linguistic principles.
- Expertise working with search patterns for morphology and word patterns.
- Proven experience in designing, developing, and evaluating base prompts.
- Knowledge of natural language processing and machine learning concepts is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Problem-solving mindset and a passion for working on complex challenges.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Curious to learn more about who we are and how we operate? Visit us here
- We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- FSA Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don’t make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.