We are a technology company combining advanced AI with human intelligence and expertise to tackle harmful and problematic online content at scale. We want to provide everyone, from individual citizens to national governments, with the tools they need to identify and disarm damaging and misleading information.
Since we were founded in 2017, Logically has been working to protect democratic debate and process, and provide access to trustworthy information. This has led us to create a suite of products and services to reduce and eventually eliminate the harm caused by the spread of misinformation and targeted disinformation campaigns.
We are an award-winning international team of over 120 data scientists, Fact Checkers, engineers, analysts, developers and investigators, working with governments and organisations around the world in the fields of national security, public safety, election integrity, and public health. We are verified signatories of the International Fact-Checking Network, with offices in the UK, US and India. For more information, please visit www.logically.ai.
The data science team at Logically develops AI-first products and services that use machine learning to address harmful misinformation and deliberate disinformation online. As an NLP engineer, you will be crucial for the development and advancement of Logically’s AI platform which is the core technology behind our tools and products to identify and tackle harmful and manipulative content at speed and at scale.
You will work with large-scale data sets, knowledge graphs, and ontologies built in-house as well as open-source to train and develop advanced machine/deep learning models that offer at-scale insights. You will have access to cutting-edge infrastructure, and resources to engineer your solutions to solve real-world problems. You will play a significant role in the development of novel hybrid AI solutions that will be used across different products that offer a unique experience to our users/clients in the B2B and B2G markets.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- Research and Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in NLP and AI research, and actively contribute to the development of novel solutions and applications.
- Machine learning algorithms: Apply machine learning and deep learning algorithms to solve NLP-related problems, including text classification, language modeling, and information retrieval.
- NLP Model development: Develop, implement, and fine-tune NLP models, including but not limited to clustering, sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, topic modeling, and text summarization.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, product managers, and domain experts, to integrate NLP solutions into our products and services. Collaborate with the Tech Lead to design technical solutions for the AI team.
What you will be doing:
Working in a team of exceptional Data Scientists to work and innovate on ML-based capabilities in the space of disinformation and misinformation. Take ownership of individual ML capabilities, working collaboratively with the Product team and Technical Programme Manager. Collaborate in the design phase and actively contribute to driving capabilities from conceptualization to final delivery Operate within a product requirements-driven team, with a strong focus on aligning ML capabilities with product goals and improving an ML capability based on user feedback.
What you won’t be doing:
As this role will be an Individual Contributor (IC) profile, You won’t be doing people management and won’t have multiple meetings. We value the innovation freedom of developers and believe it’s essential for them to have dedicated time. Our goal is to build substantial capabilities, not just small models. Your work won’t be limited to fine-tuning a Language Model (LM) with data but will involve constructing the entire capability around user requirements.
You won’t be working as a Prompt Engineer. You will work with Generative AI models, however, this won’t be the primary focus of your role.
The minimum required skills include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numeric discipline (e.g., Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Data Structures (Hashmap, Graphs, Linked Lists). Also having a working knowledge of algorithms around these technologies (DP, Dijkstra, etc)
- Good understanding and work experience with ML techniques like PCA, Clustering, Anomaly detection, etc.
- Experience in core NLP and text analytics tasks and application areas (e.g. Social network analysis, text classification, topic detection, information extraction, Named Entity recognition, entity resolution, Question-Answering, multilingual NLP, sentiment analysis, event detection, language modeling).
- Scientific expertise and real-world experience in Deep Learning, especially with hands-on experience in hyper-parameter tuning and deep construction/distribution (e.g., architecture design of transformers and other deep learning networks, attention mechanisms, parameter initialization, activation, normalization, and optimization) ideally with Pytorch or Tensorflow.
- Expertise in writing clean and concise production-ready code in any 1 language(e.g., Python, C++ or JAX) Working knowledge of productionising models and code: Git version control, unit tests The ability to engage with business stakeholders (with excellent oral and written communication).
- Ability to work independently and deliver high-quality results.
- Additional Attributes (‘nice to have’):
- Completion of one significant project (the equivalent of a MSc research project, and/or a viable commercial product) in one or more of the hiring themes.
- Experience with creating and working with APIs in any 1 (Django, Flask, FastAPI) or any steaming architecture.
- Experience and understanding in model serving(MLFlow, TFserving, Torchserving, ONNX)
- Experience working with Databricks.
- Contributions to open-source NLP projects.
- Publications or presentations in NLP-related conferences or journals.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Performance related bonus
- INR 15000 work from home allowance to improve your home working environment
- Unlimited Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Ability to work from anywhere for upto 8 weeks in a year
- Mental Health Aid
- Learning and Development Perks
- Social events – Regional and Team socials
- Festival celebrations and gifts
- Wedding gift allowance
- New born baby gift allowance
- Annual health check-up allowance
- Child care allowance for new working mothers
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.